Log in

No account? Create an account

garden party

Appologies in advance for really BAD photoshop- I DO know how to use photoshop well actually

Today, our school had garden party. I arrived at 9am to do my shift at 'the bottle store' (aka tombola) and left half an hour later because there were too many people. I wandered around all the stalls with Nina but it seemed smaller than last year's garden party. I was hoping to find some cute heels in the second hand clothing store but there was nothing!! There was lots of stuff last year though. There were lots of really cute handbags with great prints at the handicraft stalls but they were sort of expensive. I wish mom was there; I could've asked her for one. Then Nina and I went to the used book store and I bought some vinyls, Gilbert & Sullivan's Greatest Hits and Johann Strauss jnr. Waltzes; ignoring the fact I had nothing to play them with!

Gilbert & Sullivan's Greatest Hits

Johann Strauss jnr. Waltzes

Then we went around a bit and I saw Julia was in the DMC playing Vivaldi so I decided to have Devonshire Tea and watch her play. She was superb. Its amazing how people can get music out of instruments. We sat around having tea for half an hour and I headed back up to the used book store and bottle shop in the hall where George, Paulie, Ail and Bee were. I showed of my records to George and we decided to go back to the used book store where I bought another record- The Sound of Music. I was very close to buying Evita but I decided against buying it in the end.

The Sound of Music

Then I went back to DMC to wait outside for Ju to finish. Then Lexy came along and decided we need to go to Chatswood because garden party was getting TOO boring. I agreed and we went to look for everyone. Then we gave up and waited for Ju. When Ju was done, we chatted VERY briefly because she had to get back to Marian St rehearsals. Eventually we found everyone and decided to wait for Shaz, Charlie and Steph to arrive or to do their shift. We killed that time by watching rock eisteddford (lol @ tree woman x9001) and watching that Knox bagpipe band though it got really hot so we retreated to C2 (our year 7 tutor room!!) and loaded a computer to watch The Two Ronnies (no clue what that was; we just found it laying around...) but we never got around to watching it because we decided to head off to Chatswood.

A Chatswood, we decided most of us wanted to watch Wall-E in westfield so Shaz and Steph went window shopping. We got lunch first and were 20 minutes late, but the film hadnt even started! I had cucumber sushi because it was light and easiest to manage. It was a great film! though i did spend a bit of it trying to get crap out of my eye without a mirror in the dark.

After Wall-E we spent the time trying on clothes (actually, that was mostly me...) and messing around at make up counters; Charlie and my hands were covered in eyeshadow. Then we decided to head home on the train and I walked back. When I got back, my mom didnt understand why I bought records and was very confused and thought I was very silly.

And that's the gist of what happened today.


October 2008

Powered by LiveJournal.com